Sunday, November 02, 2008

Ubuntu Ibex

Started upgrading by T30 last night; passed out in the process, but i awoke a few times to keep it going. A few strange errors in the upgrade, but nothing seemed too problematic.

I restarted it this morning and compiz wouldn't load. So I disabled it and made certain metacity worked. nipple scrolling was also off, so I checked xorg.conf and it had all been commented out by the upgrader. Apparently Ubuntu has moved to this HAL system. S

o I search around online and find the changes I need to make. (You'd think that if gnome starts relying on this hardware absraction layer, they'd at least come up with a gui for it.) Anyways, changed HAL, restarted.

Nothing. Only the terminal. Something's not loading.

Undid the change, restarted.

Still not load. Uhh oh. This is going to be fun.

Ran off to the university an hour early. Yay daylight savings.

No comments: